The Department of Social Protection website carries information on available positions; full time, part time and work placement opportunities. On the 16th of June, over 300 full time and part time positions were advertised on the site, along with vacancies for employment programme such as Community Employment, Jobsbridge and TÚS.
In Westmeath and the surrounding counties there were 67 full time and part time positions advertised, along with 17 employment programme positions in the last week.
For further information click here
Westmeath Community Development Ltd (WCD) invites tenders from suitably qualified organisations and individuals to deliver a Business Development Programme in Athlone from July to December 2015.
The Business Development Programme is a special Dept of Social Protection Community (DSP) Employment Scheme, aimed at delivering a business development programme to unemployed people with a self-employment idea, and is part funded by the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme 2015-2017.
The course will be run on Mondays, one full day per week over 24 weeks for up to 18 people, with setting and monitoring of assigned tasks for participant to work on over the remaining 12 hours of their week outside of programme contact time, to develop the participants’ business idea.
Audit of Community Childhood Obesity/ Overweight programme research project
The researcher will carry out the following tasks:
- Review relevant literature
- Review records and collate pertinent information
- Develop a database and input data using SPSS
- Analyse data and formulate results and conclusions in consultation with supervisors
- Make recommendations based on results and relevant literature.
- Draft article and circulate for comments.
- Amend as necessary depending on referees comments and suggestions until article is accepted for publication.
- Make final adjustments depending on referees and editor comments and submit for publication.
- Write up, submit for publication and have published an article in an appropriate journal or repository
The researcher will liaise with WCDL and the Community Nutrition & Dietetic service on a regular basis with regards to progress with the project.