Rural Development Programme - LEADER
Local Development Strategy 2014-2020
LEADER is an EU funded programme aimed at improving the quality of life in rural areas and diversifying the rural economy. It supports the delivery of local development actions in rural communities and has formed part of EU funding supports since 1991. For the new LEADER element of the Rural Development Programme 2014-2020, Westmeath Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) will be the Local Action Group with Westmeath Community Development Ltd as the lead Implementation Partner. A budget of €7.4m is available for Westmeath under this new Programme.
Westmeath Community Development Ltd. is preparing the Local Development Strategy for Co. Westmeath on behalf of the Local Action Group, Westmeath Local Community Development Committee. This Local Development Strategy will set out the objectives and actions proposed for the new LEADER programme.
As part of the process in developing the Local Strategy, submissions are invited from interested parties under any or all of the following Themes:
- Rural Economic Development/Enterprise Development and Job Creation in relation to: Rural Tourism, Enterprise Development, Broadband, Rural Towns
- Social Inclusion through Building Community Capacity, Training and Animation in relation to
- Rural Environment: targeting multiple environmental objectives including the protection and sustainable use of water resources, the protection and improvement of biodiversity and the development of Renewable Energy.
Submissions as part of the initial consultation phase are to be forwarded on or before Friday, 7th August, 2015 for the attention of:
Bernie Leavy, Westmeath Community Development Ltd, Mullingar Enterprise Technology and Innovation Centre, Clonmore Business Park, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath. Email; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Further information can be obtained by contacting 044 9348571
Local Development Strategy Consultation Brief
Call for Volunteers for first National Volunteering Week
Westmeath Volunteer Centre is calling for volunteers to get involved in Ireland’s first National Volunteering Week (NVW) from May 14th – May 20th 2012.
From May 14-20 hands on volunteering projects will take place across the county – co-ordinated by the Westmeath Volunteer Centre.
Manager of the Mullingar based centre Ian O’Flynn said: “If it’s only for a minute, an hour, or a day – volunteering can make a big difference and be a lot of fun. I am urging people to contact us and get involved.”
Following five successful National Day of Volunteering campaigns, this year the campaign is being expanded to seven days, making it easier for volunteers, organisations and companies to get involved.
The event is being co-ordinated nationally by Volunteer Ireland and delivered locally through the 22 local Volunteer Centres across the country.
The flagship project for National Volunteering Week 2012 is a National Inland Waterways Clean up.
To get involved in NVW 2012 contact the Westmeath Volunteer Centre at (044) 934 8571 or go to www.volunteer.ie where you can:
1. Look up projects in the Westmeath area and register to get involved.
2. Develop your own project and register it.
3. Participate in the flagship project – A National Inland Waterways Clean Up.
4. Check out the list of 30 ‘Random Acts of Volunteering’ examples to get some inspiration.
Ian O’Flynn, Manager, Westmeath Volunteer Centre: (044) 934 8571.
Phil Boughton, Volunteer Ireland: (085) 742 7017.
Ronan Cavanagh, Cavanagh Communications: (086) 317 9731.
May 14th - May 20th 2012